Sunday, January 6, 2008

About Me!!!


Sometime soon I hope to have an etsy member besides myself featured on this blog....having written that, I also hope to have more time to post in this blog....as nothing is more fun than writing about my passion---SOAP!!!


Some people have asked me why I started making my own soap. The answer sets us back about a year from this January, when I was so fed up with winter dry and cracked skin. It was then that I started researching the differences in store bought soap, and why handmade, and handpoured soap was sweeping the nation. I went out and bought a few bars of handmade soap...melt and pour and cold process...and I gotta tell ya, not only was I hooked, but I wanted to make it myself. So the research continued. I knew I wanted to start out with melt and pour, but I also quickly realized not all melt and pour bases are created the same. So I educated myself..used the different ones out there to see which would indeed be best, did my homework, and the purest, best soap bases I use and sell today are the ones that came out the winners. I made so many bars of soap my husband finally asked me what I was going to do with it all.


Etsy came into my life around mid May 2007---several months after I started making soap. I started my shop with all melt and pour soaps....as I was still researching and developing my own recipes for cold process soap. I started selling cold process soap in November 2007 after several test loaves that didn't work, and several that worked quite fabulously.


Its almost been a year since I started making soap, and I'm about 4 months away from my 1 year etsy anniversary...and had I had to do it all over again, I still would not do it any other way. Is my shop wildly successful and do I sell to salons and sit in the etsy forums and brag at nauseum about my success? No, not at all. I sell what I use and I enjoy what I do....I would not have it any other way!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hiya Sis! I was admiring your site and your blog and wanted to let you know how much I like your homemade soap and body butter balm. Very nice, kudos to you!